Papaya
Multi-image Analysis GUI
Board Index
Register
Login
Logout
Settings

Input translation + rotation to get the same view

Questions or comments about Mango, webMango, iMango or Papaya.

Moderator: Michael Martinez

Input translation + rotation to get the same view

Postby brain_kosmos » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:06 am

Is there a way to remember translation and rotation in surface view? For example, if I change the translation and rotation of one image, then load another one, can I input those same values somewhere so that I get the same view in both images? That would be really helpful, as I have different cuts from a 3D brain that I want to have the same orientation when compared side by side. This is impossible to do with the mouse.

Thanks!

P.S. The forum registration question was a pain in the butt. I didn't find a fourth tab in the Preferences Menu.
brain_kosmos

Re: Input translation + rotation to get the same view

Postby admin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:33 pm

There is the Surface > View > Save menu option. It's close to what you're looking for, but it only works within a single surface viewer. But still, maybe the options will still be useful there.

Another way is to Image > Transform to rotate, instead of the mouse controls within the surface viewer. You can save and apply these transforms or at least get info like rotation degree. But this will affect how it's sliced, so this also might not be want you need.

The best thing to do is probably fix the Surface > View > Save option to work across viewers. I'll look into adding this.

(Also thanks for the note about the registration questions.)
admin
Site Admin

Return to Mango