Papaya
Multi-image Analysis GUI
Board Index
Register
Login
Logout
Settings

Mango 4.0.1 Image Browser Marks DICOMDIR "BAD HEADER"

Questions or comments about Mango, webMango, iMango or Papaya.

Moderator: Michael Martinez

Mango 4.0.1 Image Browser Marks DICOMDIR "BAD HEADER"

Postby haleba » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:31 pm

I have two DICOM CDs that work fine with Sante DICOM Viewer 3D as well as Sante DICOMDIR Viewer, but Mango's Image Browser marks the DICOMDIR files on both "BAD HEADER".

Mango 4.0.1 (1510), Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

MangoDICOMDIRerr.jpg
MangoDICOMDIRerr.jpg (46.06 KiB) Viewed 14183 times

Google and this forum's search bring no results for this error.

Any ideas about the issue?

Thanks
haleba

Re: Mango 4.0.1 Image Browser Marks DICOMDIR "BAD HEADER"

Postby admin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:37 am

Try the Open > Open DICOM Folder option. I'm not sure if the Image Browser will handle DICOMDIR -- it might be trying to interpret it as an actual DICOM file, which is resulting in the error message. It should still be able to find all the DICOMs on the drive though, I'm not sure why that isn't working in this case.

See if the DICOM Folder options works first.
admin
Site Admin

Postby haleba » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was in a hurry when I posted, so I wasn't quite clear about what I wished to accomplish.

The DICOM CD that I was trying to access keeps all of the images in one folder, without sub-folders for individual series/studies like my other CD, so I have to use Sante's DICOMDIR reading features to get the starting image filename (e.g. "Z694") for the series that I want and then Mango figures correctly figures out the number of images in the series (the series filename numbers are in numeric order).

Since there are 31 series on the disk Mango takes quite a while (3 min 50 s) to load them into the series selection picker window.

I was hoping that there might have been a workaround with the Image Browser error to access the individual series more quickly since it was seeing the DICOMDIR file.
haleba

Postby admin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

DICOMDIR is indeed the answer to the slow scanning. We used to support it, but at some point it was removed due to it causing other issues. I think at the time, the feature wasn't really geared for CD reading. I will add this to the list of requested features.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Mango