Papaya
Multi-image Analysis GUI
Board Index
Register
Login
Logout
Settings

Getting the MNI labels from a specific ROI centre

Questions or comments about Mango, webMango, iMango or Papaya.

Moderator: Michael Martinez

Getting the MNI labels from a specific ROI centre

Postby Julian » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:38 am

Hello Everyone,

I apologize in advance, in case my questions are too naive. 1) I have a functional atlas (https://www.nitrc.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=2340) including 268 ROIs. Is there any way to get efficiently and accurately the MNI anatomical label from their centres coordinates? One easier example: From the same Shen functional atlas, I can get a single image file (.nii) per ROI. Is there any way to get the MINI anatomical label from its centre coordinate? It might be inaccurate and painful using the crosshair for that, when you have a big number of ROIs.

2) I compared the MNI anatomical atlas from mango to the wfu pickatlas. The anatomical labels were not always the same. Of course we, the mango's fans believe the MNI atlas from mango is better. But I wonder how can we prove it.

Thanks in advance for your comments &best regards.
Julian

Re: Getting the MNI labels from a specific ROI centre

Postby admin » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi. Sorry for the late reply.

1) I think the tool you might be looking for is Analysis > Find Overlay Clusters and Analysis > Find ROI Component. Choose one or the other depending on how you loaded your data. It should be able to parse out the individual components/clusters from the data. Each tool will all create stats for each component. Click 'Point Statistics' to see the Centroid of each component.

2) You might try contacting Dr. Jack Lancaster about this one.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Mango