Papaya
Multi-image Analysis GUI
Board Index
Register
Login
Logout
Settings

dicom files in Google Cloud Storage

Questions or comments about Mango, webMango, iMango or Papaya.

Moderator: Michael Martinez

dicom files in Google Cloud Storage

Postby sherey » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi all,

I'm not really a Mango user, but I'm interested in contacting users of Mango. I am the lead scientist on an NCI funded "cancer genomics cloud" (www.isb-cgc.org) and one of the types of data we have recently uploaded into Google Cloud Storage (GCS) are all of the radiology (dcm) and tissue slide (svs) images from the TCGA project. These are all open-access images and we have metadata tables in BigQuery, as well as other molecular and clinical data from the TCGA project. We're looking for users who are interested in exploring ways to work with this data in the cloud.

One straightforward option is to simply download the images from the cloud and view them locally, but we're more interested in use-cases that would work directly with the data in the cloud. A local viewer, such as Mango, could potentially use something like gcsfuse to "mount" a GCS bucket to your local machine (though there are latency issues). Automated computational tools could be deployed on VMs in the cloud and access the data more rapidly there.

If anyone at the Research Imaging Institute or anyone else on this forum is interested, please contact us at info@isb-cgc.org

best,

Sheila M Reynolds
sherey

Re: dicom files in Google Cloud Storage

Postby admin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:22 am

Sorry for the late reply. The best person to contact regarding Mango/Papaya is Jack Lancaster. You can find his contact information here: http://rii.uthscsa.edu/people.php
admin
Site Admin

Re: dicom files in Google Cloud Storage

Postby Degutis » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:45 am

Hello Sheila,

I've been working with the cloud projects in Sam Houston State University research center. Perhaps, there could be a way we could cooperate. I can contribute to the types of data you have mentioned. I've just started working with Mango and there are plenty of variants we could coordinate our work together.
Should I send an official application letter from the SHSU member center or just a personal e-mail will do to start working?
Degutis

Return to Mango